Vision and Mission / Objectives
Be a national leader in the development and provision of quality information and services for the higher education and research.
To provide a comprehensive and user focused resources with high quality library services in support of teaching, learning and research needs of the university community, through developing collections, providing relevant infrastructure facilities and user guidance to encourage teaching learning and research in an intellectually stimulating university environment.
- To maintain and preserve the Legal Deposit Collection and Palm-leaf manuscript collection which plays a prominent role in the national literary heritage of the country.
- To maintain a collection of current and up to date information resources in support of teaching, learning and research needs of the university.
- To offer information skills development initiatives to support with the objective of improving relevance and quality in undergraduates and postgraduate education.
- To collaborate with the university, library and research community partners to enrich the research and learning environment.
- To provide appropriate physical and techno-based library infrastructure facilities to support teaching, learning and research.