Rules and Regulations for Users of Baggage Counter
Who could use the facility?
- Only staff and students who are registered in the University of Peradeniya are allowed to use the facility.
- Security Guard on duty has the right to request for Student/Staff Identity Card to prove the User’s eligibility.
What could be left at the Counter?
- Only small files, umbrellas, knapsacks are accepted to be stored.
- Knapsacks should be opened and displayed when requested by the Security Guard.
- University will NOT be responsible for any item (s) left at the Counter.
Duration of storage
- The item should be removed before the closure of the Main Library. University will NOT be responsible for any item left overnight.
- Any item left overnight will be reported to the University Security Office.
- An item left overnight has to be recovered from the University Security Office after a payment of Rs. 50.00.
- The Baggage Counter will honour the Main Library hours i.e. 7:15 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. on working days and 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on weekends and public holidays.
- Identification of user by the security guard.
- Security guide checks the item to be stored.
- The Security Guard has the authority to decline the item depending on the space available etc.
- A token will be given when the item is accepted. The token has to be produced to retrieve the stored item.
- If the token is lost, the user has to establish the ownership of the item and Rs. 50.00 should be paid as a replacement charge for the lost token.
- Charges under 3.3 and 5.5 above should be paid at the Shroff Counter where the funds will be credited to the Library Development Fund.