Rules and Regulations for Users of Baggage Counter
- Who could use the facility?
Only staff and students who are registered in the University of Peradeniya are allowed to use the facility. Security Guard on duty has the right to request for Student/Staff Identity Card to prove the User’s eligibility.
- What could be left at the Counter?
Only small files, umbrellas, knapsacks are accepted to be stored. Knapsacks should be opened and displayed when requested by the Security Guard. University will NOT be responsible for any item (s) left at the Counter.
- Duration of storage
- The item should be removed before the closure of the Main Library. University will NOT be responsible for any item left overnight.
- Any item left overnight will be reported to the University Security Office.
- An item left overnight has to be recovered from the University Security Office after a payment of Rs. 50.00.
- Operational hours
The Baggage Counter will honour the Main Library hours i.e. 7:15 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. on working days and 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on weekends and public holidays.
- Usage procedure
- Identification of user by the security guard.
- Security guide checks the item to be stored.
- The Security Guard has the authority to decline the item depending on the space available etc.
- A token will be given when the item is accepted. The token has to be produced to retrieve the stored item.
- If the token is lost, the user has to establish the ownership of the item and Rs. 50.00 should be paid as a replacement charge for the lost token.
- Charges under 3.3 and 5.5 above should be paid at the Shroff Counter where the funds will be credited to the Library Development Fund.